- We will no longer meet at the Justice Institute, as we have done for so many years.
- Initially, we will have monthly lunches on different days in different restaurants. This is a new approach and we will see how it goes and how members and guests feel about this activity.
- We want to keep costs affordable and reasonable to allow members and guests the opportunities to meet, and network if they so wish. As well, the annual membership remains unchanged at $25.00 per person.
- We encourage people to join us especially those who uphold the Club mandate, which is to foster throughout Canada an interest in all matters of public concern, to protect our heritage and history, to encourage our unity and identity, and endeavour to increase our knowledge of other areas of our country and other countries that affect our lives.
- Eventually we hope to resume the established practice of introducing you to guest speakers who are active in various fields of work and thought. These men and women are from various walks of life and professions including business, politics, science, and the arts.
Wednesday, February 04, 2015
Luncheon: Wednesday, February 18, 2015
It's 2015 and already we are well into February! A new year with new possibilities!
Thank you for reading this first post in a year in which some changes to the activities of the Canadian Club are to take place:
A new year has brought about some changes to the Canadian Club of New Westminster and the Fraser Valley, most notably that we have a new President, Rick Page. We are thrilled to have Rick on board and look forward to the ideas and suggestions that he and his Directors will present to the Club.
We also thank most sincerely our Immediate Past President, Nick Cheng, who was a Director and Vice-President before becoming President, a post he held for four years. Thank you so much Nick for all your hard work and dedication and we look forward to working with you during the coming year.
Members and Guests are invited to our first luncheon of 2015, which will take place on Wednesday, February 18 at Salvatore's La Spaghetteria in New Westminster. Luncheon is $10 per person and will be served at 12 noon.
Thank you for reading and we look forward to seeing you at the Luncheon!
Posted by Maureen at 10:44 AM